Weekly Reading: The functional Art - Proflie 2 & Profile 4

This week I read the two profiles which enlighten me a lot. First one is about Juan Velasco and Fernando Baptisa, both of them are top manager of National Geographic magazine.  This magazine is quite famous around world, I've heard that a lot of people love to gather their publications as art collection. After reading that, I begin to know why these people so crazy about it. Its high quality and tons of research works behind it that make me lost myself when gazing at these painstakingly rendered engravings of data visualizations.


Second profile is about Hannah Fairfield who was the graphic director of Washington Post, which focus more on the team work. I was really impressed by her powerful leadership, her enterprising, which made the graphic department more independent and began to has its own autonomy. 






Comments